Sunday, February 15, 2009

Cook weekly - 16 février 2009

We've had many answers to prayers lately and we thank you for your willingness to pray us through so many things. Thanks to your prayers we're enjoying a car in the garage, piano in my office, good health, a good workshop for the women's program teachers at FATEAC and our refrigerator that was dying is still in the kitchen (recharged with freon). Wow, God is so good. Enclosed is a picture of Elise and me at the workshop. Elise is our pastor's wife and a graduate of FATEAC.  Since I don't teach at the women academy, I was there mainly to get to know the other teacher's. It was a wonderful 4 days.

Love, Cindy
FATEAC Team
CMA missionary

__________________________________________________________________

PS. Below is something we want you all to know about, please read about this scam. It's actually quite serious and scary to think that we could have been sucked into this.

(Matt writes) Please be careful about sending money to Africa.  THERE IS A NEW SCAM and I do not want one of you may have your money stolen when you are only trying to help a friend.
Admittedly, we have asked for money for numerous projects, but the pathway of sending that money has always been very clearly legitimate and tax-deductable.  Make sure that it is always that way!  Don't send money by Western Union...especially to Nigeria.

We just received an e-mail from a friend's e-mail address that I believe is a new scam.  It's difficult to be sure because it comes from someone's e-mail address with whom I have corresponded. My guess is that someone else has broken into their address and is trying to get money from everyone in their address book.  Here is what the e-mail looked like.  If it possible that your friend really does need help, ask questions that only she or he would be able to answer or offer to call them to verify their voice.


Subject: WE NEED YOUR HELP URGENTLY


Hello,
 
 
How are you doing, I am sorry i did'nt inform you about our traveling to Africa for a seminar called Empowering Youth to Fight Racism, Bringing HIV /AIDS Education to Health Care, the seminar has taking place in two africa state which are Yamoussoukro and Kampala and now in Ibadan, Nigeria. Please we need your help because we forgot our little bag in a Taxi where my wallet, document are kept presently we are having problems with the hotel about the hotel bill that we are owing and the money to pay the hotel bill was kept inside the lost wallet when we are returning back from the seminar. Please i want you to help us with some money to pay the hotel bill that we are owning which is $1,800 also with an extra sum of $1,000 to accommodate myself back home.
 
 
Below are the information to send the money by western union money transfer and i will appreciate what so ever amount you can afford to send me and my wife for now and let me have the money transfer control number after the money is send. I promise to pay you back  when i return back home and explain everything that happen to you.
 
 
Name :--- My friend's name was typed here
 
 
Address:--- 101 Premier Hill
City:--- Ibadan
Country:--- Nigeria,
Zip Code:--- 23402
Text Question:--- Money To
Text Answer:--- SIGLY
Amount:---  $2800
 
Immediately you send the money to me,i want you to mail me the confirmation details i need to recieve the money over here in Nigeria which include the following bellow
MTCN #:
SENDER'S NAME:
AMOUNT YOU SEND:
Regards
Thanks
Again, the e-mail was signed with my friend's name



No comments: